Audit and Accounts Senior or Semi-Senior
Salary according to experience
Hobsons was established in 1927 and today, we continue to build on our enviable reputation for providing excellent advice and first-class service to our business and personal clients alike. We have many clients in the local community and service businesses, small and large, across many sectors.
Our strengths are our independence; reputation for quality and attention to detail; as well as being competent and reliable business advisors. A progressive practice, we provide a wide range of accounting and financial services to our clients throughout a broad range of business sectors.
We are looking for a fulltime part qualified or newly qualified ACA or ACCA to work as part of a busy team in providing professional audit, accounting and taxation services to clients. Someone keen to progress and develop their skills.
You will be working within a team dealing with a wide variety of clients in both size and business sectors.
- Working as part of an audit team
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies
- Completing assignments within deadlines and budgets
- Discussing queries and draft accounts with the client
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and supporting computations
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Representing Hobsons in a professional and efficient manner
Required skills and experience:
- Competence and experience in audit and accountancy assignments
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in practice
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in statutory audit work, ideally within the SME sector
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and understanding of audit testing methodology
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Team player with self-motivation
- Good communication skills
- IT literate with experience of accounting packages
- Full driving licence and own transport
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including training and development, flexible working, and much more.
Core hours are between 9am-5.15pm Monday-Friday.
An opportunity to work with a growing firm, in modern offices with a friendly working environment.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 31st August 2019
Please see details of our Privacy Notice here.
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.